Making Candy floss
Homemade Candy Floss Recipe:
Just about everyone loves candy floss at the carnival, but did you know you can make your own candy floss at home?
- 5 cups of granulated sugar
- 1-1/3 cups of light corn syrup
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of water
- food color paste
- flavored oil (Avocado oil is very tasty)
- baking spray
- Before you begin be sure that you have a pair of wire cutters and an old whisk. Cut the round ends off of the whisk, then arrange the tines so that they are spaced evenly.
- You will also need to make sure that you have a large enough area to make the candy floss . To begin cut open a plastic garbage bag and use it to cover the floor. Wedge two large wooden spoons so that they extend over the edge of the counter.
- Place the sugar, corn syrup and water in a two quart heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Use a candy thermometer to cook the sugar mixture to a temperature of 320 degrees Fahrenheit(160 Celsius) , then remove it from the heat and carefully pour it into a microwave safe glass bowl. Be sure not to let the sugar in the pan, since it will continue to cook.
- Dip the tines of the whisk into the hot sugar mixture and allow the sugar to drain off for a couple of seconds, until the draining sugar strands are roughly the same consistency. Next, wave the whisk over the wooden spoons, allowing the sugar strands to drift until they rest on top of the spoons. Be sure that you are from 1 to 1-1/2 feet above the spoons during this process. Use long broad strokes and be sure to work quickly.
- Gather the candy floss and roll it onto the paper that has been rolled into a long thin cone, and enjoy. If the candy floss needs to be stored, it can be stored in an airtight container. When storing the candy floss be sure to avoid moisture and humidity, which could cause it to melt and become sticky.
- You can adjust this recipe to make as much or as little homemade candy floss as you want, perfect for a quick snack or a treat for the entire family. If you’ve always wanted to enjoy the fun of carnival food in the comfort of your own home, why not give this great recipe a try? Making cotton candy at home is a great family project, and the kids will certainly love the results.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Making Candy floss,